David Miliband’s “Thank you” email to supporters
This was David Miliband’s “thank you” email to supporters tonight – not sure if it went to all Labour members or just to those who voted for him – but here it is anyway for anyone who missed it : -
” I wanted to write to you this evening to thank you for the phenomenal support you have given me, and the Party over the last few months.
I am so proud of the campaign we ran together, it is a testament to each of you that as we campaigned for Labour, we also campaigned to make a difference in our local communities.
I was proud also to see my brother take the stage today, the new leader of the Labour Party, and know you will join me in uniting with Ed to take on this divided coalition.
As Ed said today, we must now secure the opportunity for Labour to serve the country again; to make it a more prosperous, more equal, more fair society.
3 Comments »
Northern Heckler is a left of centre blogger.
I’m in my late 40’s and have spent my career as a teacher in special education – largely teaching children with severe learning difficulties.
I’ve been Head Teacher of two Special Schools
None of the opinions presented on this site represent the policies of any schools past or present where I may have worked, their Governing bodies, any of their Governors, or their Local Authorities
Also please see my Comments Policy
- and no it's not my real name. I do have good reasons for that though - it's not just cowardice !
- Algeria passenger jet feared crashed
- Shelling 'kills 15 in Gaza shelter'
- Sudan 'apostasy' woman meets Pope
- More MH17 bodies leave Ukraine
- Poland 'helped in CIA rendition'
- Iraq MPs elect Massoum as president
- Inquiry urged into two-hour execution
- Norway in Syria-linked terror alert
- Deadly ambush on Iraq prison convoy
- Children dead in Indian train crash
- 37,473 visitors
- Flu Jabs do not give you flu ! January 30, 2013In my Facebook feed this morning was a link to this “News” story :Piers Morgan receives flu vaccine injection from Dr. Oz, then gets sick The article relates that celebrity UK journalist Piers Morgan, appeared in US television having a flu jab, live, in an apparent attempt to convince the public of the safety and […]northernheckler
- So snow causes a few problems – stop whingeing about it. January 19, 2013Every so often there is some snow in the UK. Not very often. Actually it would be probably better to say – about once a year, but actually not even as often as that, about twice every two years – but sometimes we go three or four years in between – we get some snow […]northernheckler
- Facebook stories on Delhi Murdered Woman are not all they seem January 3, 2013A lot has been put on line already about the horrendous gang rape, and murder of an Indian student in Delhi. Many of you will have come across variations of this post which is pretty much “viral” on Facebook : The post shows what appears to be, pictures of the Indian student – on the […]northernheckler
- Profiteering ? December 9, 2012A quick blog this. This afternoon I visited Bletchley Park – home of the legendary codebreakers – it was a Christmas Fair – mainly in aid of Milton Keynes College, and was quite a fun event. While I was there we had a coffee in the Cafe in Hut 4 – one of the original […]northernheckler
- Election Special November 16, 2012I’ve decided I’m going to try and blog more often. Here’s my starter for 10 … I’ve wrestled with my conscience about whether to vote in yesterday’s elections for Police Commissioners. It struck me right from the start that these elections would be marked by a mixture of total apathy, and by outright opposition. If […]northernheckler
- Wishful thinking on the Olympic clap-o-meter September 3, 2012Lots of activity on social networks tonight about current Chancellor & wannabe PM George Osborne getting booed before presenting a medal at the Paralympics, and ex Chancellor and ex PM Gordon Brown getting cheered. Brilliant – sounds fantastic. Have a look at the videos and see what you think Here’s George : And here’s Gordon […]northernheckler
- Phonics – 100% successful ? I’m sorry but that’s simply not true. June 18, 2012I spotted this article on the BBC News website today : BBC News – Teachers’ unions urge rethink of phonics checks – Have a listen to the interview half way down the page. It’s an extract from the Radio 4 Today programme (18th June 2012), and features John Humphries interviewing both Mary Bousted of the […]northernheckler
- Pantomime, Pasties and Election failures, some observations and a moan April 1, 2012This has been one of the weirdest 10 days or so in politics for some time, and pretty much all of the bad stuff has happened to the Tory led coalition government. Pretty much. The Budget was always going to be a toughie for George Osborne – but because everyone knew that, to an extent […]northernheckler
- David Lammy doesn’t know the law on smacking children January 30, 2012UPDATE : Since clicking the ‘Publish’ button I spotted the article on Liberal Conspiracy which covers pretty much the same ground as this article – Give it a read, there’s a link at the bottom. The Daily Mail in this article on David Lammy MP’s recent comments regarding the smacking of children, Labour MP: Smacking […]northernheckler
- We’re all in this together December 5, 2011I spotted two news articles today, which were reasonably interesting in themselves, but didn’t have me salivating with rage or frothing with indignation. Taking them both together though, they threw up a couple of interesting numbers. The first article was this 37 Tory donors with a combined fortune of £10,258,000,000, have gifted the Tory party […]northernheckler
- Flu Jabs do not give you flu ! January 30, 2013
Networked blogs on Facebook
- @Conorpope @samueljpope presumably you’ve seen its partner - the Bridge on the M25 with “Give Peas a chance !” ? : 7 hours ago
- @AVMitchell2010 Obviously not - because a party is a private “club” if you like - it only occurs because members have agreed to it : 7 hours ago
- @PeterTatchell @c_of_e @LGCM @changingatt @LondonLGBTPride Think I tied myself in a knot trying work that out. Religion is silly. : 7 hours ago
- @SimonDanczuk Hell no - it’s something I loathe and fear : 7 hours ago
- @mwachtel @JohnRentoul Still looks like a mid week calendar to me : 7 hours ago
- @lukelewis @EllieLevenson … there is some serious crap going on in lots of those countries - we’re not blind to it - we’re playing sport. : 7 hours ago
- @lukelewis @EllieLevenson Also part of the ethos of games like this and the Olympics is that you put politics aside during the games … : 7 hours ago
- @lukelewis @EllieLevenson You say that, but it’s becoming a bit of a cliche party piece. Bigots in those countries will not be moved by it : 7 hours ago
- @iainmhepburn I think everyone did beat that. It was awful. : 18 hours ago
- So the queen puts a message to herself in a baton, and it goes round the world, then she doesn't bloody we'll read it. : 18 hours ago
Tags#I'mVotingLabour #leadersdebate #welovethenhs Adam Boulton Andrew Marr Andy Burnham BBC blog blogs Brown Cameron cancer cigarettes comments Conservative Conservatives David Cameron David Miliband Disability Ed Balls Ed Miliband education election Election 2010 electoral reform expenses Football gay General Election 2010 George Osborne Gordon Brown Hannan Health homophobia Huddersfield immigration iphone Iraq John Bercow John Major Labour Labour leadership election Liberal democrats London Mail Margaret Thatcher media Member of Parliament Michael Gove MP news NHS OFSTED politics Polls press primaries racism Religion school schools science silly season special education special schools Summer Sun telegraph Tony Blair Tories tory twitter unions Unite William Hague