I’m backing Ed Miliband the new Labour leader
The new Labour leader is Ed Miliband.
Congratulations – you have my full support – now let’s sort those Tories out !
3 Comments »
Northern Heckler is a left of centre blogger.
I’m in my late 40’s and have spent my career as a teacher in special education – largely teaching children with severe learning difficulties.
I’ve been Head Teacher of two Special Schools
None of the opinions presented on this site represent the policies of any schools past or present where I may have worked, their Governing bodies, any of their Governors, or their Local Authorities
Also please see my Comments Policy
- and no it's not my real name. I do have good reasons for that though - it's not just cowardice !
- France church attack: Priest killed in hostage taking near Rouen
- US election: Michelle Obama denounces Trump 'hate'
- Dutch men confirmed as world's tallest
- Japan knife attack: 19 killed at care centre in Sagamihara
- Solar Impulse completes historic round-the-world trip
- F1 chief Bernie Ecclestone's mother-in-law 'kidnapped in Sao Paulo'
- 'Laughing gas' kills newborn in Sydney hospital
- Mogadishu attack: Ten killed in airport blasts
- Bangladesh police kill nine suspected militants in raid
- Australia PM calls for investigation into juvenile 'torture'
- 52,761 visitors
- Flu Jabs do not give you flu ! January 30, 2013In my Facebook feed this morning was a link to this “News” story :Piers Morgan receives flu vaccine injection from Dr. Oz, then gets sick The article relates that celebrity UK journalist Piers Morgan, appeared in US television having a flu jab, live, in an apparent attempt to convince the public of the safety and […]northernheckler
- So snow causes a few problems – stop whingeing about it. January 19, 2013Every so often there is some snow in the UK. Not very often. Actually it would be probably better to say – about once a year, but actually not even as often as that, about twice every two years – but sometimes we go three or four years in between – we get some snow […]northernheckler
- Facebook stories on Delhi Murdered Woman are not all they seem January 3, 2013A lot has been put on line already about the horrendous gang rape, and murder of an Indian student in Delhi. Many of you will have come across variations of this post which is pretty much “viral” on Facebook : The post shows what appears to be, pictures of the Indian student – on the […]northernheckler
- Profiteering ? December 9, 2012A quick blog this. This afternoon I visited Bletchley Park – home of the legendary codebreakers – it was a Christmas Fair – mainly in aid of Milton Keynes College, and was quite a fun event. While I was there we had a coffee in the Cafe in Hut 4 – one of the original […]northernheckler
- Election Special November 16, 2012I’ve decided I’m going to try and blog more often. Here’s my starter for 10 … I’ve wrestled with my conscience about whether to vote in yesterday’s elections for Police Commissioners. It struck me right from the start that these elections would be marked by a mixture of total apathy, and by outright opposition. If […]northernheckler
- Wishful thinking on the Olympic clap-o-meter September 3, 2012Lots of activity on social networks tonight about current Chancellor & wannabe PM George Osborne getting booed before presenting a medal at the Paralympics, and ex Chancellor and ex PM Gordon Brown getting cheered. Brilliant – sounds fantastic. Have a look at the videos and see what you think Here’s George : And here’s Gordon […]northernheckler
- Phonics – 100% successful ? I’m sorry but that’s simply not true. June 18, 2012I spotted this article on the BBC News website today : BBC News – Teachers’ unions urge rethink of phonics checks – Have a listen to the interview half way down the page. It’s an extract from the Radio 4 Today programme (18th June 2012), and features John Humphries interviewing both Mary Bousted of the […]northernheckler
- Pantomime, Pasties and Election failures, some observations and a moan April 1, 2012This has been one of the weirdest 10 days or so in politics for some time, and pretty much all of the bad stuff has happened to the Tory led coalition government. Pretty much. The Budget was always going to be a toughie for George Osborne – but because everyone knew that, to an extent […]northernheckler
- David Lammy doesn’t know the law on smacking children January 30, 2012UPDATE : Since clicking the ‘Publish’ button I spotted the article on Liberal Conspiracy which covers pretty much the same ground as this article – Give it a read, there’s a link at the bottom. The Daily Mail in this article on David Lammy MP’s recent comments regarding the smacking of children, Labour MP: Smacking […]northernheckler
- We’re all in this together December 5, 2011I spotted two news articles today, which were reasonably interesting in themselves, but didn’t have me salivating with rage or frothing with indignation. Taking them both together though, they threw up a couple of interesting numbers. The first article was this 37 Tory donors with a combined fortune of £10,258,000,000, have gifted the Tory party […]northernheckler
- Flu Jabs do not give you flu ! January 30, 2013
Networked blogs on Facebook
- @MrJacHart @PeoplesMomentum It’s all that traitorous ex-Comrade Snowball’s fault - in league with Tony Blair & MI5 : 2 days ago
- @LSpurdle @DomCushnan @Deliveroo daaaamn right ! : 2 days ago
- RT @JMKTV: ICYMI - Jon Stewart's epic return responding to Donald Trump's acceptance speech, here it is. (via CBS) amp.twimg.com/v/0e777e4d-6c9… : 2 days ago
- I’m guessing there was no irony intended there. twitter.com/angelaschorah/… : 2 days ago
- Watching Yasir Shah bowling to Root & Bairstow. The body language & looks of all 3 of them just say ‘Yorkshireman’. : 2 days ago
- Those black steel roof supports on the far wall are still there - still with no roof. twitter.com/MrTimDunn/stat… : 3 days ago
- @Atlantean7001 “do” & “fewer” : 3 days ago
- @cstross @iskandarv It has an unbelievable script : 3 days ago
- Prime Minister in waiting. Why limit one’s ambitions - why not Emperor of the French Republic in waiting ? About as likely. : 4 days ago
- ES has Jezza saying he's the Prime Minister in waiting. Brings to mind Elmer Fudd 'I may be a scwewy wabbit, but I'm not going to Alcatwaz' : 4 days ago
Tags#I'mVotingLabour #leadersdebate #welovethenhs Adam Boulton Andrew Marr Andy Burnham BBC blog blogs Brown Cameron cancer cigarettes comments Conservative Conservatives David Cameron David Miliband Disability Ed Balls Ed Miliband education election Election 2010 electoral reform expenses Football gay General Election 2010 George Osborne Gordon Brown Hannan Health homophobia Huddersfield immigration iphone Iraq John Bercow John Major Labour Labour leadership election Liberal democrats London Mail Margaret Thatcher media Member of Parliament Michael Gove MP news NHS OFSTED politics Polls press primaries racism Religion school schools science silly season special education special schools Summer Sun telegraph Tony Blair Tories tory twitter unions Unite William Hague